Thursday, February 13, 2014

Being a technological entrepreneur.

The technology entrepreneur guidebook, is a pretty substantial  starting point in research for searching hearts in the technology world. The guidebook is a rather easy but information packed read. On my own I would not have ever cared to read it, but since it's assigned I had to.  

My first impression was that it had a lot of things that I would consider to be rather common sense, but as I progressed I found a few very helpful bits of information that I can apply to my business plan. The two main things that stood out to me were the possible competition and management needed for a technological company.

 Competition to me was the most alarming, as I have minimal knowledge in the technology world,  I am a finance. So competition to me would be something that I need to do some serious research on in order to feel comfortable with the business venture I am considering.

Management was also a sore spot as I am very much like my mom in the sense that I always feel like I need to be managing everything in order for it to succeed, which is mostly true but also very taxing on me. So another aspect I am considering is researching well functioning technology companies and seeing what they are doing as far as management goes.  

With all that said I have a few things that I feel very confident when it comes to my business plan and a few items I need to do some work on, so reading this did give me some food for thought and work to ponder on.

No comments:

Post a Comment