Thursday, February 13, 2014

Erik Hanberg came around

And here is what I thought about it...
His presentation focused on talking about entrepreneurship (surprise!) but he had a very personal approach. I liked the fact that he provided his story of business expansion and ventures, his involvement with his wife's ideas and a lot of personal information and data.

My favorite part was probably him sharing their financial breakdown in the peak type of graphic. It said a story with only numbers, and as finance student that speaks to me more. It gave me an opportunity to see a real progress of a business financially, thus setting realistic expectations for me as a person who want to make money from a new business.  That gave me a chance to set my hopes of millions of dollars in a few years down, and realistically evaluate how this new business game will actually go down.

A lesson that I learned is not to fully depend on one thing and be flexible with my possible ventures. He did that with becoming more involved with his wife's business venture and still continuing writing his books. Another lesson in that was that I truly need to tune myself in with what business I want to pursue, to make sure that I am passionate in anything that I get involved with, that way I could actually contribute my best towards that.

Overall his presentation was best in that he gave a real and on going example of what entrepreneurship is.

No comments:

Post a Comment